February 4, 2015

I Love You So Much, Bryan Croce

I'm not writing this post willingly. Bryan made me.
As many of you know, I hate Bryan Croce. Or at least, used to. Bryan is a really great person in my life, and I'm writing this as a tribute to his amazing existence. Because of him, I've been inspired to do great things with my life, as he's shown me with his already-fulfilling life at such a young age. He also deserves this post because he is just da bomb digity. 

- A Descriptive Haiku of Bryan Croce -

Bryan is love
Bryan's saxophone sparkles
Bryan is life

Bryan's hair is soft
Bryan's glasses are real cool
He's freakishly tall

Bryan is too smart
His brain is faster than light
Except he doesn't show it

He is also better at writing poems than I am. Probably. He can figure it out, cause he knows calculus and stuff. Unless his test results show differently.... awkward. To sum up this person, I'd say Bryan Croce is a smart human being that enjoys challenging himself and learning new things, that likes to have fun,  and that hates practicing saxophone.

Part Two because the first part wasn't sufficient enough

Bryan being Bryan, he is magically good at playing saxophone. Yes, without practice. Because of that magic illegal stuff that makes him good at playing, he usually does well with auditions. As of some time in the year, Bryan made All-State Band. The band is exactly what it sounds like. High school students audition, and if they make it, they're the best in the state. Not only did he make it, but he made it as a first, which is absolutely not realistic. He's not even a freaking senior yet.

Other students from our school made it too. Andrew, Leo, and Molly made it in. Molly, the same age as Bryan, has now made it two years in a row. It's completely unfathomable how Molly got her skill. Those four are extremely talented, and I've always wanted to know how they've gotten that good. They're the best, they get to play with the best. It only makes sense.

Ashley and I went to support our lovely friends with their talent (have you noticed I'm jealous yet?) by going to the All-State band concert. The concert was hosted at a fancy concert hall in the capitol of Utah. The wait for the concert made me so anxious because I couldn't control my excitement for the pieces everyone in that band had been working so hard on.

Just one of the instruments Bryan plays
Courtesy of a radio station

The wait was totally worth it! The pieces were phenomenal and completely professional. If I didn't see my friends in that band, I wouldn't have believed it was all teenagers. My Favorite piece was Melodious Thunk, a piece named after a famous jazz icon.  How ironic. The piece was a classical-rock'n'roll-jazz composition that had the best percussive parts to it in the history of ever. It also consisted of a clarinet solo, which probably was really hard to play (imagine the poor player). After the concert, Ashley and I ran into Bryan's parents. They, Ashley and I all though the band had done an excellent job, which is a complete understatement.

You know, being friends with a person like Bryan isn't so bad. After all he is capable of some pretty cool things, and because of him, I want to solo at Peaks Jazz Festival with his help. Maybe when we're older, we'll still be as good as friends as we are now, I don't know. He is a great influence to the people around him and will go far in life with whatever he chooses to succeed at.
If you hate me, just remember Bryan made me write this.             

4 comments:

  1. Hey this blog is great! I have recently started blogging too! I really like your blog and I would be really happy if you checked out mine and dropped a comment! Thanks!
    http://dreko18.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! Thank you for your opinion and I'm glad you enjoy my work :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ummm, you might want to learn how to write a haiku. It goes 5 7 5 not 4 7 4 or 5 7 6 or even 5 7 7. just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, thank you for the correction. Hopefully I will fix it correctly soon! Thank you for commenting and I would be happy if you came back later.

      Delete