November 25, 2014

The Stupidity of Human Beings

Sometimes, humans can be complete failures. I know y'all know what I'm talking about. We've all been there. Most of the time, the failure is completely inconvenient. Maybe you've rushed to a meeting or an occasion with a loved one. Maybe your car broke down, or you tripped down a flight of stairs. Either way, that stupid failure has prevented you from doing what you wanted, like getting to an important interview for your dream job or getting to see someone you love preform something.

You're probably wondering where I'm headed with this. Yes, I've had quite the inconvenient and ironic failure, probably the worst in my life. I'm attempting to make myself feel better by saying that we've all screwed up major-league style at some point in our lives, but soon I'm destined to find out that it's just me, and all of you will be laughing your head off at my mistake. But hey, because of who we are, it's only human nature to screw up with all of our everyday-life opportunities, right? Or is it just me?

List of stupid things I've done in my life chronologically (excluding about 14,864,838,679,393 things):

Fallen off a bookshelf
Fallen off a horse
Fallen off a chairlift
Fallen on a volleyball court
Fallen off my skis
Fallen out of a car

Yeah, I've fallen a lot. But what about you? Hasn't someone else fallen off a horse? Slipped on a banana? Most people I know have broken their leg skiing, so it's normal for most of my friends to spend their winters on crutches. Hey, accidents happen. Unless, a sibling or someone made you do it. Then you might want to punch them in the armpit and knock them back into last Tuesday.

Me? Oh, yeah, nothing too bad. I just broke my finger. By slamming it in a door. You might ask, Why is that so bad? Pfft, I only broke one of the two fingers I actually need to play trombone. It was quite ironic, though. On a typical Friday, I was walking all humpty-dumpty into the band room. Until I met the door of torture. Conveniently, it's painted red like the color of pain. Me with my instrument and all my pointless school crud was trying to get in without setting anything down, so I ran and shoved my hand through the door frame as it was closing. As soon as it hit, I knew it did something, so I pulled my hand out and went to the emergency room.

The current state of my mangled hand

Yeah, so now I can''t practice for two days while the swelling goes down. Why is that so bad? Cause practice is good for you, kids. Plus I just got my music for an awesome trombone 5tet thanks to another trombonist, and I can't even play it! Talk about inconvenient. Not only this, but my band also has two rehearsals until a concert. Gahhh, the pain! Physical and emotional.

By the way, I bet you're wondering how I managed to type this post with my fingers in a bind...

2 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've fallen on an escalator, left with a scar now .-. you're definitely not the only one
    (and this is probably late) hope the swelling starts to go away soon!

    ReplyDelete