May 10, 2015

In Tone, In Tune, In Time, In Touch

Right now, it is 10:27pm on the tenth of May, 2015.

The school year is coming to an end. I am that much closer to becoming a high school graduate, with only three years left on my journey to find out everything I can about the world and about myself. I have struggled a lot with trying to find out who I am as a person and what my morales are. I have struggled a lot with trying to find my friends, the ones who are always there. I have struggled a lot trying to figure out where to go in this crazy, chaotic, unforgiving world.

What no one ever tells you is how you need to show the world that you are ready for its challenges, its love, its adventure. No one would tell you that it is hard to find a place in this mess, but it is. One year may seem like an eternity, but in the scope of things, it's really not.  No one can tell you who to be, but you can tell yourself that. If there is one thing you need to learn now, it's how to be you. No one can stop you from being what you already are.

This year, I have learned so many things about myself, music, and just random information. I learned that playing trombone makes me feel happy, even if there's a rainstorm of a mess with everything else. I learned that to change the entire feel of a song, you just have to change the accents on a note. I learned that there is an actual place called Tunisia. How much of this matters to you, the one reading this blog? What have you learned from me? Have you learned anything about yourself this year?

As posted on this blog, a lot of crazy things have happened this year. Heck, Mr. Taylor even called me awesome! I found my Heaven on Earth, the Soundhouse. I have met and played with Brian Lynch, Jerry Cortez, Dave Pietro, and Tom Bones Malone. I got up and played in front of hundreds of people, which I never thought I would ever be capable of doing. I competed for a spot in the Wind Ensemble. I practiced consecutively for seventy four days. There are a lot of perks to exploring, and right now I'm exploring happiness and music.

The most important thing that I have learned is that nothing can prevent me from being me. Yes, I get too darn excited over a small thing, like a cool rhythm or solo. I get too nervous playing in front of too many people. Music bring a feeling of euphoria, nostalgic gut-twisting butterflies like right before a roller coaster.  This blog has helped me express my love for music in a way that everyone relates to. I know most of you don't care, but 98% of my time is spent on music, whether it be thinking or daydreaming or practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment